Vancouver WA | Camas WA | Washougal WA
PEX plumbing has become one of the most popular forms of plumbing materials in the plumbing industry over the last two decades. This specially formulated type of tubing has many advantages over copper piping and is very cost-effective.
What Is PEX Piping?
PEX piping is a specially treated type of plastic that is more durable than regular tubing, expands and contracts more than copper and PVC, and is very flexible. PEX is designed to help reduce the cost of installing plumbing or making repairs. PEX tubing is available in four colors. Red is for hot water, blue is for cold water, and white or grey can be used with hot or cold water.
PEX Plumbing vs Copper Plumbing
If you need to repipe your home, the first thing you may automatically consider is traditional copper piping. However PEX piping is a new alternative. Copper piping requires the use of many connectors, has limited ability to expand in the cold weather, and is prone to getting pinhole leaks over time. Although copper pipe has worked well with the home building industry for decades, the use of PEX piping is a significant improvement.
PEX piping is flexible which means that it can move around corners without kinking and can be extended for long distances without having to place connectors. The reduction of connections in the pipe system can significantly reduce the chances of leaks occurring in the future. PEX piping also expands, making it less prone to freeze and crack during cold weather, so homeowners will not have to worry about broken pipes with this tubing. A final benefit to this type of plumbing system is cost. PEX piping is very cost-effective in comparison to copper pipes. PEX costs about one third of what copper does.
Ready to Schedule Your Plumbing Service or Project?
Click below to leave your name and number to receive a quick call back!
Steps to Repiping Your System
Replacing the plumbing in your home will follow a 7-step process.
- Inspection: A plumbing company will inspect your current system and will give you a quote.
- Mapping: A technician will map your home so they can calculate how much supplies they will need and where they’ll need to work.
- Preparation: Everything will be prepped so that the work can begin with the least amount of disruption to the household.
- Installation: The new pipes are installed.
- System Test: Once completed, a technician will test the entire system and make any needed adjustments.
- Repairs: Repairs are made to walls, then painted if necessary and the job site is cleaned.
- Completion: After the wall repair and cleanup, the technician should walk you through the job and do a final inspection to ensure all work is completed and you’re satisfied.
Are You Ready For PEX Plumbing Installation?
If you’re interested in replacing your current pipes with a PEX plumbing system, contact C.H. Kruse Plumbing today! Our journeyman plumbers are highly-skilled with PEX piping. We offer fair pricing and exceptional service, so contact us today!
PEX Plumbing in Vancouver WA and Portland OR
Serving Clients In Vancouver WA and Portland OR